Home | Posts RSS | Comments RSS | Login

Playdough Recipe

Tuesday, September 8, 2009
I posted on my Facebook page yesterday that I made homemade playdough for the first time and several people have asked for the recipe. Emma's teacher asks the parents to make it. We made red. It was really easy and NOT messy. I was afraid the food coloring would make a mess but it didn't. So here is the recipe (from Emma's teacher):

2 cups of flour
1 cup of salt
4 teaspoons Cream of Tartar
2 cups of water(add food coloring to the water BEFORE adding the water to the mixture)
***for brighter colors add a lot of food coloring. for pastels add about 10 drops.
***you can also use 1 pack of KoolAid(small envelope) for bright colors and scents
2 tablespoons of oil

Mix everything together in a saucepan. Cook over medium heat until a soft "lumpy" ball forms. Let cool then knead until the dough is smooth. Store in an airtight container (can also be frozen).

*** Just an FYI: I made two batches of red and it took the whole food coloring (those little bottles that come in a box) bottle to make it look red and not pink.

What I like is that it doesn't stink like playdough...I am not a fan of playdough. Happier when the girls play with it at school instead of at home.

***and don't forget it is edible....if you dare!!!

HAPPY playdough making.

0 comments to Playdough Recipe:

Post a Comment