Home | Posts RSS | Comments RSS | Login

I won

Tuesday, March 2, 2010
....a contest on 93.1 WPOC (country radio station) that I didn't even enter!!! How can that be you ask??? Well a wonderful person entered for me. Let me start at the beginning.
I was walking into work last Wednesday when my co-worker, Margie, called me on my cell to congratulate me for winning. I explained I had no idea what she was talking about. Margie told me that Laurie DeYoung from WPOC had just read a letter about my family and my scrapbook room. As soon as I got to my desk I went straight to WPOC's website. I saw an advertisement for a contest called: I'm not lying, I'm crafty because....". You needed to submit a 50 word essay. Well I didn't send anything in. After asking around another friend suggested that maybe my father's wife, Kay, may have done it. So next I called my Dad who confirmed that Kay did enter the contest on my behalf.

So I then learned I won lunch with Laurie DeYoung at Phillips on Sunday, along with the 9 other winners and their guests, and VIP admission to the Arts and Crafts Show (not sure what the exact name was) at the Baltimore Convention Center.

So on Sunday Kay and I attended this wonderful event. I had such a nice time hanging out with other crafty ladies, including a woman that Sean works with. Here are some pictures:


I want to thank Laurie DeYoung and WPOC for picking me and for such a nice time. I would also like to thank Kay for thinking of me and entering me into the contest.

0 comments to I won:

Post a Comment