Home | Posts RSS | Comments RSS | Login

Cricut Wall Art

Saturday, March 6, 2010
I got my Cricut for Mother's Day 2 years ago and instantly fell in love. I have the original.
Since then Cricut came out with a bigger and better version: Expression. Even though the Expression has capabilities mine doesn't have, I am very happy with my original. For those that don't know what a Cricut is here it is:


You can purchase different font and design cartridges.

I am always using my Cricut for scrapbooking but found some other uses. Not only can you cut paper but you can cut vinyl, contact paper and fabric (haven't tried the fabric yet). For Christmas I used the vinyl for wall art.



Then for Christmas gifts I used contact paper (yeah the stuff you used to line a drawer) to decorate plates.
After Christmas I took down the "Believe" and put this up. By the way the vinyl peels right off with no damage to the paint. When I peeled them off I put them on wax paper (not sure if they will hold up or stick next year but I saved them anyway).
Next I want to try and cut fabric. I'll let you know how that goes. Here are some links to Blogs with tips for using your Cricut:
Imperfectly Beautiful: cutting fabric
Imperfectly Beautiful: cutting fabric to then adhere to a wall
Imperfectly Beautiful: making your mat sticky again

0 comments to Cricut Wall Art:

Post a Comment